Insanity of the Sane April 13, 2007Posted by Muhajirah in General, Random Musings.
As Salaamu ‘Alaikum
I swear this tagging business is spreading around the blogosphere like wildfire. Almost all the blogs I visit are at it. Anyhoo because I’m a comformist (well actually Traveller tagged me) I share with you 10 weird things about me:
1. Cats. I hate cats. They scare me and they are evil and they probably have fleas and they clean their fur by licking it (I mean who does that!!??) Saying that, there is a house at the bottom of my street and a cat is always sat at the window or outside on the step. Each time I walk past it I give it salaam and if I’m feeling especially wacky I say ‘alright billy’ (bill-lee = Urdu work for cat)
2. I am obsessed with Arabic! I go on at everyone in my broken Arabic all the time. My favourite word is yallah, which I use way too much, even when it doesn’t make sense to say it. I used to watch Abu Dhabi channel trying to pick up a bit of arabic, but some on the stuff on there was too dodgy for my liking (I thought paki ‘dramas’ were bad!) so I switched over to Arabic al Jazeera.. I would sit there and make out I was totally engrossed in what they were saying, when really I didn’t have a clue.
3. I secretly like the welsh accent. (It’s pretty cool ok!)
4. I have a phobia of rats and mice. I can’t even stand to look at a picture of them. They disgust me. I once discovered a mouse in me house after which I couldn’t sleep. I would lie awake imagining it scuttering up the stairs making its way to my room to attack me. When I did fall asleep I would have nightmares about it.
5. I was once stood on my chair (I am sure that I had a logical reason to be standing on my chair) and I realised that it was quite refreshing to look at my room from a different perspective, so I remained standing there for about five minutes. I later did the same thing in the kitchen.
6. I once made up a list of all the careers I ever wanted to go into. It included; a hacker, a conspiracy theorist and most recently a teacher (I hate kids!)
7. After studying a bit of psychology, I fancied myself as the next Freud and so I would analyse people on the bus. It’s amazing how much you can find out about a person just by observing what they are wearing, carrying etc. Who cares if what you conclude about the person is correct or not, at least it makes tedious bus journeys interesting!
8. I have a collection of videos and recordings of my nephews and nieces making complete fools of themselves on my phone. (like my nephew boasting he’s the flabbiest person in the world – he thought flab meant muscles and I didn’t bother correcting him). I plan to keep them if ever I need to blackmail them in the future.
I talk to myself! I think to myself which isn’t so weird because talking to oneself is the first sign of madness, whereas thinking isn’t and that’s why I can admit that I have whole conversations with myself in my head.
10. I used to be a feminist. Not a hardcore weirdo one though. Now I think all feminists need to be knocked out. I also was a bit of a socialist and thought that Lenin was a pretty cool guy… I won’t say what I think of him now.
Ahh the end is in sight. Before I go tho, I tag the following people: Umm HAY, Umm Shurabeel and fromKarachi. Not quite six people but thats it cos (a) everyone else has been tagged and (b) I’m a loner and don’t have any friends.
Your mission (if you choose to accept) is:
People who get tagged must write in a blog of their own ten weird things or habits or little known facts as well as state this rule clearly. At the end you must choose six people to be tagged and list their names. No tagbacks!